STAPLES Center's Security Command Center is located on the Event Level, adjacent to the Fire Control Room (FCR). The Command Center is a state-of-the-art computerized alarm and video surveillance system, which is staffed by STAPLES Center's Building Security personnel on a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis.
All Building Security personnel are fully trained on the operation of the FACP (Fire Alarm Control Panel) and emergency response procedures through an extensive training program complete with a background check and drug screening process. Follow-up assessment of the security personnel's knowledge of the system and emergency procedures are conducted on a routine basis. Security can be arranged for your event through the Event Manager.
For safety purposes, all guests, employees and event participants entering STAPLES Center are subject to a metal-detector screening, visual inspection and bag inspection conducted by STAPLES Center Security Personnel. STAPLES Center reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or other guests, or which are in breach of building policies and/or prohibited items. Any guest who declines to be searched may be denied entry or ejected from STAPLES Center.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all STAPLES Center events and is subject to change:
- Backpacks of any size and all bags larger than 14” x 14” x 6”.
- Weapons of any kind (guns / knives / pepper spray), any object that can be used to inflict bodily injury or disrupt the event, chemical dispensing devices, noise making devices, 2-way radios
- Laser pointers, flashlights, handcuffs, fireworks, alcohol, drugs, and/or illegal substances.
- Outside food and beverage, glass bottles, cans, flasks, coolers
- Professional photography equipment (detachable / interchangeable lenses), audio / video recording devices, tripods, monopods (selfie sticks), tablets, laptops, computers, promotional materials
- Pamphlets, product samples
- Skateboards, rollerblades, bicycles, helmets, chairs, beach balls
- Balloons, permanent markers, spray paint
- Signs/Flags/Banners/Posters: may not be larger than 11” x 17” or attached to a pole/stick
Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the arena or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the arena and may be subject to arrest.
Canine Explosive Detection
STAPLES Center utilizes explosive detection canines for all events and utilizes a security contractor to conduct the screening. The explosive detection canines are utilized for the safety of performers, team members and guests.
The canines conduct the following:
- a pre-event back of house screening of areas including dressing rooms
- screen the exterior of the venue and vehicles entering into the building
- conduct random screenings of public areas and other areas as determined
Cameras / Photography / Recording Devices
Non-professional, non-flash still photography is acceptable at most events (disposable, digital, or 35mm cameras with no interchangeable or telephoto lens). However, for some events at the request of the artist/performer/team, cameras of any type may be prohibited. Video recording devices, audio recording devices, monopods, tripods, and cameras with telephoto or interchangeable lenses (professional photography equipment) are not permitted inside STAPLES Center at any time. Video recording on any device and/or flash photography is prohibited at all times. This policy will be strictly enforced and management reserves the right to deny any electronic device at their discretion.
Guests may not bring audio or video recording devices into the arena. These devices include but are not limited to, video cameras/camcorders and audio recording devices.
Any equipment not conforming to these rules must be removed from the premises. When available, Guest Services may offer the guest the option to check in the item at Guest Services on the Main Concourse across from Aisle 12 during the event.
All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the arena and may be subject to arrest. Ejected guests will not receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
The following disturbances that are cause for eviction from STAPLES Center include, but are not limited to the following:
- Standing on the chairs
- Placing children on shoulders
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- "Mooning" or exposing private body parts
- Interface with or delay of the game/event
- Violation of STAPLES Center's event policies
- Violation of the local, state, and federal laws and statues
- Throwing, discharging, or launching any solid, liquid substance or object
- Igniting and display of flames, i.e. lighters / matches, in the arena bowl
- Attempting to enter the field of play, court, or stage without permission
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another guest / employee with loud and unreasonable noise
- Using profanity and/or offensive words which are like to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Taunting or using offensive language against the players, referees, performers, or facility staff
STAPLES Center Security Management reserves the right to determine whether or not a guest be ejected from the arena.