July 29, 2021
STAPLES CENTER AND MICROSOFT THEATER SET TO WELCOME FANS BACK FOR FIRST CONCERTS IN OVER 500 DAYS
IMPORTANT NEW POLICIES AND PROCEDURES FOR GUESTS ANNOUNCED
Los Angeles, CA (July 28, 2021) – STAPLES Center & Microsoft Theater will welcome fans for the first concerts in over 500 days beginning this Friday, July 30th with STAPLES Center hosting Grupo Firme for a run of seven shows and Microsoft Theater hosting Marca MP on Saturday, July 31st. Strictly following the safety protocols and procedures introduced by the State of California, County of Los Angeles, STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater’s management teams have additionally invested in numerous facility upgrades while adopting new policies to ensure every precaution has been taken to provide the safest environment so that guests will feel safe and confident returning to L.A. LIVE to see their favorite event.
It has been exactly 513 days between the last concert at STAPLES Center on March 4, 2020, which is 1 year, 4 months, and 21 days before welcoming Grupo Firme on July 30th, July 31st, August 1st, 4th, 6th, 7th & 8th. The band will hold the record for the most shows in a single calendar year performed at STAPLES Center by a Latin artist, band, or group. Similarly, it has been 511 days since the last concert at Microsoft Theater on March 7, 2020, which is exactly 1 year, 4 months and 24 days before the first concert with Marca MP on July 31st.
Ticketed guests are encouraged to visit www.staplescenter.com/SAFE and www.microsofttheater.com/SAFE to familiarize themselves with STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater’s “Know Before You Go” tips and protocols prior to attending their first event and revisit the website often as new procedures are all subject to change. Ticketed guests are also encouraged to watch this video prior to attending an event at Microsoft Theater as it details all the information outlined below.
1. Health Attestation - By entering STAPLES Center & Microsoft Theater, you agree to follow the current California Department of Public Health Guidelines for Indoor Mega Events. Specifically, you attest that you will comply with the vaccination or testing requirements detailed below for entry into the event. Per the California Department of Public Health Beyond the Blueprint, updated guidance for Indoor Mega Events and the CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings, the State requires that attendees be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks or more have passed since the attendee has received a single-dose vaccine or the second dose in a two-dose series) or obtain a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to attending the event, and that all guests wear face coverings when attending crowded indoor events. Remember, if you’re not feeling well, please stay home!
2. Mobile Ticketing & Entry Process – All ticketed guests will be required to have their tickets to the event on their mobile device. Pre-paid, digital parking passes will also be available for all events via AXS.com
3. Face Coverings Required - Guests over the age of 2 are required to wear a face covering that covers both the nose and mouth at all times. Gaiters, bandanas, and coverings with exhalation vents are prohibited; a face shield still requires a face covering. For the safety of everyone, guests unable to wear proper face coverings will not be admitted into the venues.
4. Bag Policy – Bags, backpacks, purses, totes, clear bags, fanny packs, and camera bags are not allowed. Small clutches and wallets no larger than 5” x 9” x 1” are permitted and are subject to security inspection. Medical and parental bags smaller than 14” x 14” x 6” are required to go through an X-Ray machine security screening. Please see a Guest Services team member on site for direction to the nearest screening entry.
5. Cashless - STAPLES Center & Microsoft Theater are fully cash-free venue that only accept debit and credit cards, including major contactless and mobile payment methods, for a safe and speedy check out. We no longer accept cash. If you do not have an accepted cashless method of payment, free of charge "Cash to Card" conversion kiosks are located throughout the venue.
6. STAPLES Center Only: Mobile Ordering Food & Beverage – All guests will be asked to order any food and beverage throughout the arena using the QR Code located at the concession stand or the QR located at your seat. We will let you know when the order is ready for pick up via SMS Text. Pick up your food and beverage at the designated pick-up location and enjoy!
7. Microsoft Theater Only: Food & Drink - All guests can order any food and drinks throughout the theater at any concession stands or kiosks located throughout the lobbies. Pick up your food and drinks at the designated pick-up locations.
8. We’re Fans of Clean Hands - Clean your hands often by washing with soap water for 20 seconds or using hand sanitizer. There are touchless hand sanitizer stations, faucets, paper towel dispensers, and soap dispensers throughout the venue.
9. No Smoking – STAPLES Center & Microsoft Theater are smoke-free venues.
GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation - Because your health and safety are our top priority, we’ve made many upgrades and enhancements to ensure that all of STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater, even the air that you breathe, meets or exceeds industry standards to guarantee they are the safest and most hygienic they can be. We use Atmos Air and Enerjetico technology to purify the air, and MERV-15 air filters which exceed the current standards. High-touch surfaces and heavily trafficked areas are continuously disinfected, and all spaces undergo a rigorous disinfection and cleaning after every event. We’re proud that these improvements have earned us the highest level of GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation as determined by the world’s most respected venue industry cleaning association.
STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater have always held the highest standards for cleanliness and have increased frequency of cleaning with disinfectants in high traffic areas as an additional measure to help protect our venues and occupants. Partnering with ABM, we’ve identified high traffic areas, analyzed guest flow patterns, and used occupancy levels to determine our specific sanitization needs. As fans begin to return to events, these patterns and procedures will continue to be evaluated on a regular basis.
Prevention is the key to stop the spread of any virus. Keeping the venues disinfected and sanitized before, during, and after events is one of our top safety priorities. STAPLES Center and Microsoft Theater use EPA-approved products with enhanced cleaning equipment to disinfect all surfaces beyond just all-purpose cleaners as part of our enhanced cleaning service. Switching from all-purpose or general cleaners to EPA-registered disinfectants further prevents the spread of pathogens while following strict disinfection procedures.
While it may be a bit different from the last time fans visited, STAPLES Center & Microsoft Theater are ready to once again give fans a reason to cheer and create unforgettable memories.